No such thing as a "file that is remotely journaled"..

Files are always journaled to a local journal. The local journal and
journal recievers can be associated to a remote journal and recivers on a
remote system. The system task that sends the data from the local journal
to the remote can do so synchronously or asynchronously; depending on how
you have it configured.

If the remote journal is configured as synchronous, then your local app
writing to the file does not get control back till after the remote journal
entry is on the target system. If the journal is async, then your app gets
control back once the journal entry is deposited locally without needing to
wait for it to get to the remote system.

You local app writing to the file will also not get control back till any
triggers have finished. Thus, it's recommended that triggers complete as
quickly as possible. If you need to kick off some longer process, you
should do so via a separate job.

So in answer to your question, "any performance issues?"...

Not if you're careful. :)

Charles