On 15 May 2013 13:15, Raymond B. Dunn wrote:
<<SNIP>> SQL0901 <<SNIP>>

CPD32B0 Diagnostic - 20 - Constraint is not valid. Constraint *N
cannot be added for file xxxxx in library xxxx for TYPE value
*PRIKEY. The reason code is 7 - System Cross Reference files are
damaged.

msgCPD32B0 RC7

If I take the keys out of the file, it compiles just fine. I have
been deleting the existing file before recreating the new one if it
existed.

Does anyone know what file might be damaged? Has anyone else hit
this before?

The data tracked in the System Database Cross Reference is "in error" or otherwise was detected to be "inconsistent". The term "damaged" is an unfortunate attempt to simplify the explanation. No file is "damaged" in the conventional meanings.

The file compiled fine yesterday, but this morning we are getting these
issues. There have been no system updates since yesterday.

<<SNIP> >

That indicates that something transpired since yesterday, whereby the system database cross-reference detected an inconsistency which was diagnosed by a CPF32A2 [or equivalent] to the QSYSOPR [and thus available in the QHST]. Often the error is accompanied by a terminated operation from the job doing work with constraints in the same library against which the error was tracked.

Ideally information is dumped to help identify the origin, but the problem can be recovered with or without investigation; although whatever gave rise to the failure may occur again, for the same origin, because the problem origin was not circumvented or prevented by a fix. Full recovery of the data is effected by RCLSTG SELECT(*ALL) OMIT(anything-but-*DBXREF) or RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF), or possibly:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/cl/rcldbxref.htm
_i Reclaim DB Cross-Reference (RCLDBXREF) i_
"The Reclaim Database Cross-Reference (RCLDBXREF) command recovers the database cross-reference catalog data for a specific library. This command provides a subset of the function provided by the Reclaim Storage (RCLSTG) command to reclaim the database cross-reference catalog data for the system by specifying SELECT(*DBXREF). The difference is that this command does not require the system to be in restricted state, and it supports a reclaim of a specific library, rather than all libraries on the system.

Additionally this command provides an interface for the user to determine which catalogs have inconsistencies, and which libraries are affected.
..."