From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: JOBD analysis

First: I suppose IBM could break up the job description into two separate
objects. Why would that make a difference? They could still use the same
command DSPJOBD to get the same spool file or display of the job
description. They could still use the same API to retrieve the same
information. The objects would not be physical files. So you still would
have to use the commands or APIs to get to it. Breaking it apart serves
no purpose.

You're asking the wrong question. What you should be asking is why
doesn't IBM have their own RTVJOBD command? And submit a DCR (or COMMON
requirement, providing the phase of the moon allows the website to work)
for such an animal.
Then it would be as simple as
step 1: DSPOBJD to generate a list of job descriptions
step 2: Process that list with RTVJOBD

While you're waiting, get really bold, learn something new. Write a
program that uses that API or use one of the many links that people posted
to code that uses that API.

Second: The default on SBMJOB is not *IGNORE. It's not even an option.
The default is *CURRENT, even on my 7.1 system. This is documented at:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/cl/sbmjob.htm
If you want it to use the library list of the job description then change
INLLIBL from *CURRENT to *JOBD.
I can guarantee you that IBM will never change that from *CURRENT to
*JOBD. Never. It would break too much existing code. You could change
your command default to use *JOBD but I strongly discourage that. If you
purchase a vendor package that assumes *CURRENT you will blow it up.

Third: Joel, I try really hard to give you complete answers yet I get the
impression that you never read them. Am I filtered out of your email?