For CR I believe your talking about using ODBC or JDBC. Here is a nice
overview of it.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1874d776a3fe25f4586256bce0070e9b8

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, let's split hairs. It's all IFS. IFS stands for Integrated File
System. This also includes /qsys.lib, /qopt for all your optical drives,
/qntc for shares on other PC's and servers and more. But most people are
thinking "stream file system" when they say IFS. Tables and logicals are
not stream files. Yes you can do
WRKLNK '/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYFILE.FILE/*.MBR' and get a list of members
in a file (or partitions in a table if you like to talk database). And I
can even do this
EDTF '/QSYS.LIB/ERPLXF.LIB/RCO.FILE/RCO.MBR'
which kind of frightens the hell out of me.
But still, people generally consider tables and logicals part of the
/qsys.lib file system and not part of the stream file system. And those
who feel their beliefs are absolute do not consider that part of the IFS.

ps:
I find
WRKLNK '/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYFILE.FILE/*.MBR'
extremely useful on systems without PDM. Most of my lpars do not have PDM
even though the box may be licensed for it. Does a great job of
discouraging development on production lpars.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738