Be sure to deal with JDFTVAL() specification [err... lack of] on the OPNQRYF then. As shown, the Open Query File request is coded as an INNER JOIN. If the SQL VIEW is queried by the OPNQRYF, note that the default record is generated with the NULL value which sorts highest whereas /default values/ generated for the default record will often have the /name/ column as a character field with default of blanks sorting as the lowest value.

Regards, Chuck