Not sure if this applies directly, but since you mentioned POP3 retrieval....

Our POP/400 software can read email from any POP3 server and strip the text message and individual attachments and then call CL/RPG exits to process or store the messages.

In some cases customers are storing the entire MIME message.

You can usually implement an email retrieval solution in a matter of hours.

We also have customers using it as a simple request system for reports and other system data by sending in data requests in the email subject line and then returning the requested data.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss or you can request a 30-Day trial from our web site.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 2
date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:59:33 -0400
from: "Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: i5 text message solution

Tim,

How would you pull the messages from exchange using pop?

Paul