Chuck,

The file is in vendor libraries. call them WDLSDATA (production),
WDLSDTEST (test). I've built the trigger in ODWPROD(production) and
ODWTEST(test). Using system naming convention, I let the create trigger
find the file based on the library list. FYI we are using ALDON to
promote, therefore, you cannot hard code libraries.

The file is DDS. I use a different file because it only has two fields.

*** FILE CXREF
A REF(EDIFRF)
A UNIQUE
A R RCXREF
A TEXT('Consignee Cross Reference')
A*
A CXCONS R
A CXPCON R
A*
A K CXCONS

Both fields are 12 characters long.

I created the history file with this script through ALDON. ALDON replaces
&LIB with the approriate library. In this case ODWTEST for test, ODWPROD
for production.
create table &LIB/cxrefh as (
select a.*
, CHAR('', 10) AS CXMUSR
, CURRENT TIMESTAMP AS CXMDAT
, CHAR('', 1) AS CXMIMG
from cxref a
) with no data;

// Add Trigger.
CREATE TRIGGER &LIB/CXREFATRG
AFTER INSERT ON CXREF
REFERENCING NEW AS N
FOR EACH ROW
MODE DB2SQL
SET OPTION ALWBLK = *ALLREAD ,
ALWCPYDTA = *YES ,
COMMIT = *NONE ,
DECRESULT = (31, 31, 00) ,
DFTRDBCOL = *NONE ,
DLYPRP = *NO ,
DYNDFTCOL = *NO ,
DYNUSRPRF = *USER ,
SRTSEQ = *HEX
BEGIN ATOMIC INSERT INTO CXREFH
VALUES ( n.CXCONS
, n.CXPCON
, USER
, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
, 'N'
);
END ;

I've purposely left out the code that determines the program that made the
change. I don't think it was important and it's just more for you to
duplicate.

This might be important information.
ASP

Opt Library Attribute Device Text

WDLSDATA PROD Warehousing Distribution &
Logistics
WDLSDTEST TEST WDLS Test Enviroment

ODWPROD PROD ODW Custom Production Library
ODWTEST PROD ODW Custom TEST Library

So duplicate the issue, set your library list so that it matches
production. Insert a record to CXREF. You can query CXREFH if you like,
but not required.

Then change your library list to test. Then for the heck of it issue
RRTJOB. When we switch between library lists, this command is issued so
that the menu system is updated with correct titles and such.

Now try to add a record to the test file. This should result in the error
described in the opening message.