Chuck, Thank you very much for all the information you discovered.

I found a solution to the problem.

I discovered that reducing the number of characters in TOSTMF for a file name solved
the issue. The program has been running for years with the file name being 41
characters. For this application the number of characters changes depending on how
many characters are in a persons name. This person was printing just fine when the
entire list was printed. This person does have a long name. (I shortened it for this list)
For some reason when a subset of the list was printed and it started with this name it
wouldn't write any records to the file. When I shortend the number of characters in
the TOSTMF file name to 17 it started printing all files. It could easily be that the
number of characters can be larger than 17. I just chose that at random.

Thank you all for your help.

Gary

CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(ENVELOPE) TOSTMF('/tmp/ALEXANDER.xml')
MBROPT(*REPLACE) TOCCSID(437) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
DTAFMT(*FIXED)

On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:53, CRPence (CRPence <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about Re: Data not getting written to /tm: