Troubleshooting a weird situation on a customer's test box, that *should* have a Tomcat server up and running on port 80:

As I read Tomcat's server.xml file, the only active connector is on port 80.

But WRKTCPSTS tells me that the only active port 80 is owned by 3 (!) jobs called DCXPGMLIB. Which I've never heard of.

And yet CATALINA, and its associated QP0ZSPWT job (which *should* own whatever port Tomcat is using) both show up as active.

The Tomcat jobs have been up for almost a month. This DCXPGMLIB job, whatever it is, has been up since 1:41 this morning.

I would have expected that somebody forcibly commandeering port 80, and ripping it away from a running Tomcat server, would either crash both the QP0ZPWT and CATALINA jobs, or cause them to log something, somewhere, or most likely both. Yet I don't see any sign of that.

Very strange. It's as if the system itself were playing an April Fools joke on me.

--
JHHL