On 3/15/13 10:32 AM, Winchester Terry wrote:
Of course, this forces me to bow down to another monopolistic
oriented company...but I digress...LOL

Well, yes, but at least it's a monopolistic company that gave up peddling junk when it discontinued the whole Apple II line.

(Think about it: Radio Shack based their first desktop system on a Z-80, a REAL general-purpose processor, with a REAL 64k address space, while Apple based the Apple II on the 6502, which I understand to have been originally intended for embedded systems in household appliances -- a "washing machine chip," if you will. When Radio Shack added floppy disk support, they used index-synch'd soft-sectoring, and added a real, if pretty simplistic, OS, while when Apple used asynch soft-sectoring, and initially offered only the most vestigal of OS's, more a set of floppy disk extensions to BASIC than anything else. I celebrated when Apple abandoned all their pre-Mac stuff.)

But back on topic, the promotional video was obviously a re-enactment, throwing anachronisms to the wind, since the box, Hollywood cobwebs aside, was obviously much newer than the story. And the way I heard the story, the room didn't have a locked door; it didn't have ANY door.

--
JHHL