Currently debugging UDFs doesnt work. I have had the same problem. - see my original post.

I have no resolution to the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2013, at 4:39 PM, "Thomas Garvey" <tgarvey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes.
Specifically, I start the debug (STRDBG) using the program name running in
the submitted job, then I add the service program as a called module inside
the debug session (using F14 to display module list, then option 1 to add
the service program). I then set the breakpoints in the module of the
service program. I set the break at the first executable line (there is no
initialization subroutine).

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Connell
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Help with debugging external UDF

Thomas,
Just to be certain.
You are submitting a job which at some point runs the UDF.
You are running STRSRVJOB from a command line that specifies the submitted
job as the targeted job.
You are running the STRDBG SRVPGM(DT2ISOSRV) from the command line to debug
the *SRVPGM program containing the UDF (note the use of the SRVPGM keyword
instead of the PGM keyword on STRDBG)

Peter