Tim,

Perhaps the following sources may help you. You can retrieve the commands later udsing F9 on the command line as well.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler

/* ************************************************************************** */
/* To compile: */
/* */
/* CRTCMD CMD(QGPL/EXCCMD) PGM(QGPL/EXCCMD) */
/* */
/* ************************************************************************** */
CMD PROMPT('Execute a command')

PARM KWD(CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3000) MIN(1) +
EXPR(*YES) VARY(*YES) PROMPT('Source +
command string')

PARM KWD(PROCES) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(4 0) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*RUN) SPCVAL((*RUN 0) (*CHECK 1) +
(*LINERUN 2) (*LINECHECK 3) (*CLSTM 4) +
(*CLINPUT 5) (*CMDSTM 6) (*BINDER 7) +
(*USRDFN 8) (*ILECL 9)) CHOICE('F4 voor +
lijst') PROMPT('Type of command processing')

PARM KWD(PROMPT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*SELECT) SPCVAL((*ALWAYS 1) (*NEVER +
0) (*SELECT 2) (*HELP 3)) CHOICE('F4 voor +
lijst') PROMPT('Prompter action')

PARM KWD(LOG) TYPE(*LGL) RSTD(*YES) DFT(*NO) +
SPCVAL((*YES '1') (*NO '0')) +
PROMPT('Log command')

PARM KWD(OPTION) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*NEVER) VALUES(*AFTER *BEFORE *NEVER) +
PMTCTL(LOGGING) PROMPT('When to log')

LOGGING: PMTCTL CTL(LOG) COND((*EQ '1'))

EXCCMD-CMD2.txt

/* ************************************************************************** */
/* To compile: */
/* */
/* CRTCMD CMD(QGPL/EXCCMDSTR) PGM(QGPL/EXCCMD) */
/* */
/* ************************************************************************** */
CMD PROMPT('Execute a command')

PARM KWD(CMD) TYPE(*CMDSTR) LEN(3000) MIN(1) +
VARY(*YES) PROMPT('Source command string')

PARM KWD(PROCES) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(4 0) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*RUN) SPCVAL((*RUN 0) (*CHECK 1) +
(*LINERUN 2) (*LINECHECK 3) (*CLSTM 4) +
(*CLINPUT 5) (*CMDSTM 6) (*BINDER 7) +
(*USRDFN 8) (*ILECL 9)) CHOICE('F4 voor +
lijst') PROMPT('Type of command processing')

PARM KWD(PROMPT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*NEVER) SPCVAL((*ALWAYS 1) (*NEVER 0) +
(*SELECT 2) (*HELP 3)) CHOICE('F4 voor +
lijst') PROMPT('Prompter action')

PARM KWD(LOG) TYPE(*LGL) RSTD(*YES) DFT(*NO) +
SPCVAL((*YES '1') (*NO '0')) +
PROMPT('Log command')

PARM KWD(OPTION) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7) RSTD(*YES) +
DFT(*NEVER) VALUES(*AFTER *BEFORE *NEVER) +
PMTCTL(LOGGING) PROMPT('When to log')

LOGGING: PMTCTL CTL(LOG) COND((*EQ '1'))

EXCCMD-CLP.txt

/* ************************************************************************** */
/* To compile: */
/* */
/* CRTCLPGM PGM(QGPL/EXCCMD) */
/* */
/* ************************************************************************** */
PGM PARM(&CMD &PROCES &PROMPT &LOG &OPTION)

INPUT: DCL VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3002)
DCL VAR(&PROCES) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(4 0)
DCL VAR(&PROMPT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
DCL VAR(&LOG) TYPE(*LGL)
DCL VAR(&OPTION) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

JOB: DCL VAR(&SRCCMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3000)
DCL VAR(&SRCCMDLEN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&OPTCTL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)
DCL VAR(&OPTCTLLEN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&OPTCTLFMT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8) +
VALUE('CPOP0100')
DCL VAR(&RTNCMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6000)
DCL VAR(&RTNCMDAVL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&RTNCMDLEN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&APIERR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4) +
VALUE(X'00000000')

DCL VAR(&SRCLEN) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(4 0)

DCL VAR(&TYPE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&DBCS) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('0')
DCL VAR(&SYNTAX) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('0')
DCL VAR(&MSGKEY) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL VAR(&RESERVE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(9) +
VALUE(X'000000000000000000')

FOUTJE: DCL VAR(&MSGID) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)
DCL VAR(&MSGDTA) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(128)
DCL VAR(&MSGF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&MSGFLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&KEYVAR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ERROR))

CHGVAR VAR(&SRCCMD) VALUE(%SST(&CMD 3 3000))
CHGVAR VAR(&SRCLEN) VALUE(%BIN(&CMD 1 2))

IF COND(&LOG *EQ '1' *AND &OPTION = '*BEFORE') +
THEN(DO)
SNDPGMMSG MSG(&SRCCMD) TOPGMQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*RQS) +
KEYVAR(&MSGKEY)

RCVMSG PGMQ(*EXT) MSGKEY(&MSGKEY) RMV(*NO)
ENDDO

CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&SRCCMDLEN)) VALUE(&SRCLEN)
CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&TYPE)) VALUE(&PROCES)
CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&OPTCTLLEN)) VALUE(20)
CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&RTNCMDAVL)) VALUE(6000)

CHGVAR VAR(&OPTCTL) VALUE(&TYPE *CAT &DBCS *CAT +
&PROMPT *CAT &SYNTAX *CAT &MSGKEY *CAT +
&RESERVE)

CALL PGM(QCAPCMD) PARM(&SRCCMD &SRCCMDLEN &OPTCTL +
&OPTCTLLEN &OPTCTLFMT &RTNCMD &RTNCMDAVL +
&RTNCMDLEN &APIERR)
/* ************************************************************************* */
/* ERROR HANDLING */
/* ************************************************************************* */
ERROR: RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*DIAG) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR) +
MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(&MSGF) +
MSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)

IF COND(&MSGID *NE ' ') THEN(DO)
SNDPGMMSG MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(&MSGFLIB/&MSGF) +
MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGTYPE(*ESCAPE) +
KEYVAR(&KEYVAR)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
ENDDO

ELSE CMD(DO)

IF COND(&LOG *EQ '1' *AND &OPTION = '*AFTER') +
THEN(DO)
SNDPGMMSG MSG(&RTNCMD) TOPGMQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*RQS) +
KEYVAR(&MSGKEY)

RCVMSG PGMQ(*EXT) MSGKEY(&MSGKEY) RMV(*NO)
ENDDO

ENDDO

ENDPGM