On 24 Feb 2013 09:38, Billy Waters wrote:
Results from a previous post did not provide help, or at least help
that I could follow.

The reference to CPYTOIMPF in the prior thread "Subject: csv" was poor advice; misdirection, effectively.

I have an AS400, file 1 column 80 characters:

8,xxxxxxxxx,999.99,2013/02/18

This information could have been helpful in that prior message thread. I will respond to the other thread.

I need to “send” this to SQL server.

Transport that text\csv data to the system where the SQL Server resides, and ask that SQL to /import/ that data. That /transport/ can be effected via a network protocol\feature that presents the data at the other system as a /file/ of the data, or the /transport/ could send a copy of the physical data to be placed in a /file/ on the target system such as via FTP.

I am trying the CPYTOIMPF command. Please excuse my ignorance, this
is new territory for me!

The CPYTOIMPF would be used to /export/ database file[.member] data to a text file. Because the "timekeeping package creates a coma delimited file" as noted in the other thread, the /export/ has already been effected, so CPYTOIMPF is not the feature to be used at this point.