Two great tools for copying spool files from your IBM i to your desk top
are:
- IBM i Access for Windows Navigator
- IBM Navigator for i (aka http://youribmi:2001)

As far as auditing the results of that move; that's a little tougher.

DSPJRN JRN(QAUDJRN) FROMTIME(021913 112300) JRNCDE((T)) ENTTYP(SF)
will show me several items. One is the results of DSPJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT).
However I can't find an entry for when I dragged it to my desk top.