On 14 Feb 2013 11:37, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there a way to override the defaults of a SQL command?

SQL _statements_ have no equivalent to CHGCMDDFT for CL command objects. However some defaults in CREATE TABLE may reflect the defaults of CRTPF command; I can not recall if\what specifically, but they are likely only for something that the SQL does not offer. OK... I looked it up in the doc for CREATE TABLE: "Table attributes: Tables are created as physical files. When a table is created, the file wait time and record wait time attributes are set to the default that is specified on the WAITFILE and WAITRCD keywords of the Create Physical File (CRTPF) command."

For example, if I am creating my production schema I may want that
on all SSD's but my test schema on spinning disks. So, when creating
the production schema I would like my CREATE TABLE to be overridden
with UNIT(SSD).

Adjusting the scripting for creation according to the needs? An SQL UPDATE or DELETE can easily update a scripted source to remove\change all media-preference specifications, esp. if a convention has them consistently specified [e.g. always on one line] and thus easily searched.

create table the_table
/*media-preference*/ UNIT SSD

So for example, to make a copy of the script use UNIT ANY as default:
delete from myTempDDL where srcdta like '/*media-preference*/'

Using a scripting processor or a program rather than a script that allows variables for replacement might be easier. That was one nice thing about using REXX SQL for creation sources instead of RUNSQLSTM for example... even if CREATE ALIAS does not work in REXXSQL.