Ok, I get it. You have have multiple rows associated with one memo
instead of using a variable length character field for the memo. And,
instead of using an ordering field like a combo of memo and memoLine they
relied on memo and rrn. Oy vey!

There is a package out there that has a common notes file. And I think it
has four columns that make up the key:
- notes type: C for customer notes, O for order notes, etc
- header number: customer number, order number, etc
- detail number: customer order line number or some such thing. zero
indicates for the whole order
- notes row number. in case the order line notes span more than one row.
Beats rrn.

Again, this vendor is not likely to ever use a variable length character
field as any database technique not offered on the S/36 makes them gag.
They even gag at some of those (What! A key on a table?! You heathen!)