Today a user specified a report selection that generated a 15,600 page
spool file.
So, I have just now configured all outqs with a 400-page maximum limit.

<code snippet>
DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*OUTQ) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) +
OUTFILE(AMSDTA/F55MAXPAG) OUTMBR(*FIRST *ADD)
Do loop

ENDWTR WTR(&ODOBNM)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
DLYJOB DLY(10)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
CHGOUTQ OUTQ(&ODOBNM) MAXPAGES((400 '00:00:00' +
'23:59:59'))

RLSWTR WTR(&ODOBNM)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
enddo

<help text>
The maximum spooled file size, in pages, that is allowed to print

between a starting and ending time of day. If the spooled file size

exceeds the page limit, the status of the spooled file changes to

deferred (DFR status).

Use the Create or Change Output Queue (CRTOUTQ or CHGOUTQ) commands to

vary the size of the spooled file allowed to print. The possible values

are *NONE, specific number of pages, starting time, and ending time.

For example, lets assume that between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM the largest

spooled file (in pages) that is allowed to print is 200. Additionally,

a 50 page limit has been specified between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. In this

example, we have overlapping size restrictions between the hours of 1:00

PM and 2:00 PM. When this type of overlap occurs, the computer is

programmed to use the smallest spooled file pages size. In this

example, that is 50 pages.

Number of pages

Specifies the largest spooled file, in pages, that is allowed to print
during the specified time period.

Starting time

Specifies the start of the time period when spooled files that exceed
the specified size limit are not allowed to start printing.

Ending time

Specifies the end of the time period when spooled files that exceed the
specified size limit are not allowed to start printing.