I just went through this with IBM last week. I had opened a PMR to see if there was a method to secure access to this.

Their answer, use Application Administration. However, App Admin only covers some of the functions that are available in the web Navigator application. On the PC application we can control which functions get installed on the client. With the web function, they are all visible. Like you, I have a problem with this. There is information there that doesn't need to be made public to all users with a browser.

My current solution is to change the *ADMIN server to not auto-start. I will only start it up when needed. I realize this limits the usefulness of the web application.

Below is IBM's response to me. In summary, they say I should submit a Request for Design Change.

I did a little more looking into this, and the System Status information, including Disk Status and so forth is not new to the updates made to this Port 2001 interface in the latest HTTP Group PTF. Those options have been available in the Windows version of the iSeries Navigator since V5R2 of IBM i5/OS and have been in this web based interface since it was released at the GA of IBM i OS r6.1. I cannot find any other documents or information regarding this being viewed as an exposure and should have a way to be disabled for certain users.

When I offered to directly contact the architect for this area, I assumed that this was part of the brand new support. But now that I see it is how this interface has always been designed, I need to ask you to use a more appropriate and tracked channel. Please follow the below instructions on submitting a Design Change Request form.

To submit a Request for Design Change on the functionality of your IBM Midrange Server or its related software, complete the form on the following Web site, and click Submit.

https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm

Your request will be routed to the appropriate IBM development team for evaluation, and you will receive a confirmation email that includes a tracking number for your request.

Once evaluation of your request is complete, you will receive an email update with IBM’s response. IBM may tell you that your requested function will be delivered in the future, is already available with a current product or service, will be taken under consideration for future deliverables, or will not be implemented. IBM may also contact you for further information about your request.

A response will usually be sent within 90 days of your request’s submission date. If you do not receive a response within 90 days, you may request the current status. The development team may still be reviewing your request, or may be waiting for further information from you. Send an e-mail to dcrreq@xxxxxxxxxx, with your request’s tracking number and Request Status in the subject line. The appropriate development team will be contacted to check the status of your request.

Thank you for your interest in IBM products.

Cheers,
Lorne.

Hello
Is there a way to prevent users from openning Web IBM Navigator For I
session ?

or

Is there a way to allow just few people to open Web IBM Navigator For I
session ?