As a member of the IBM i community it is all of our responsibility to spread the word. Some people ask why should I? What's in it for me? Well, the more companies that run IBM I, the more places there will be to work, and the more places that IBM I has this system installed means more money flows into the development team for future features, functions, and improvements.

So, how do we as the community do this? We need to educate ourselves on what our systems can do. We need to get up to the latest release. We need to improve our skills and spread the word. There is no better place than this forum to ask questions, conferences like COMMON, & System i Developer to learn and improve your skills, webinars from COMMON & some of the magazines like Penton & MSP to learn without traveling, and reading books to expand your perspectives on all types of IBM I and additional subjects. Also, don't forget your local user groups.

Speaking of local user groups, I would like for each and every local user group to play this COMMON video and get people to see the benefits of conferences. We need to get control of our destiny, and expand this market. Here is a link to the video, http://youtu.be/a0dJ_OGh-Yk if you are going to play this on a large screen you might want to get the copy that I first sent out which is a much higher resolution.

Pete

--
Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions