Hi James,

The SQL statements need to be in the proper syntax for the database server you are communicating with. Thus a MySQL statement like "use MYDATABASE" will not work on a DB2 for i server. The syntax on DB2 for i would be something like "set schema MYDATABASE"

Though, working with DB2 for i, I'm more likely to use the libraries property and system naming convention so I can use *LIBL and friends.

You always have to code your statements for the target database.

For example, you could connect like this:

prop = JDBC_Properties();
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'user' : 'your-userid' );
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'password': 'your-password' );
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'prompt' : 'false');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'errors' : 'full');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'naming' : 'system');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'libraries': 'FILELIB,QGPL,QTEMP,ANOTHERLIB');

conn = JDBC_ConnProp( 'com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver'
: 'jdbc:as400://localhost'
: prop );
JDBC_freeProp(prop);

So after that connects, your library list (just for the JDBC connection) will be FILELIB, QGPL, QTEMP and ANOTHERLIB. SQL statements will search that library list.

Or, if you want, you can use *LIBL as a placeholder for the default library list on the system, but you can add on to the list. (Kinda like ADDLIBLE). For example:

JDBC_setProp(prop: 'libraries': 'APPLIB,*LIBL');

In this case, you're setting the library list to APPLIB, followed by your default library list, because *LIBL represents the default, here.

Anyway, this is very different from MySQL. In MySQL there's no concept of library lists. The "Use Testsck" was saying that all subsequent SQL statements use that database ("library") until another USE statement is issued.