Is there a CCSID that you suggest?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Bruce Vining <bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Your input data is essentially incorrect. Change the x'3C' to x'CB' and run
your backend process again. You should get x'F4' in the resulting CCSID 819
(or CCSID 1252 for that matter) IFS file (in order to test your process).

Whoever is really creating the input file to your RUNQRY needs to generate
correct encodings for the data that is to be processed. If they continue to
give you garbage you should reasonably expect to continue generating
garbage...

And just as a little heads up, be aware that with your use of CCSID
37/CCSID 819/CCSID 1252 you will be limiting your application to working
(properly) with Western European languages (period).

Bruce Vining

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Michael Schutte <mschutte369@xxxxxxxxx