Thanks for the info Chuck.

I had previously looked at the open database API call and ruled it out because you could get false positives on a source member if it were simply opened in read mode.

Plus I would think all the calls to the exit could slow things down couldn't it ?

In RDP's case it appears to lock the source member and then copy the source member so it seemed to be a better method to trap for the object lock request and then trigger my source archive scenario before the actual source member open.

In the case of SEU I created a custom replacement for STRSEU that replaces the OS versions and this gets any PDM/SEU requests for changes.

Except for Rob's EDTF example this seems to work 100% of the time so far with SEU and RDP and provides a "reasonable measure" of management.

At least when I described it to my team they didn't think I was too cracked :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 3
date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:09:10 -0800
from: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Exit Point When Opening a Source Member with RDP ?