On 18 Jan 2013 06:24, Richard Schoen wrote:
Do you know if there is an exit point that gets called from EDTF ?

If one were to use the existing model of database source members as the model for the source repository then there is more than just SEU\RDP would need to be intercepted to ensure tracking of source changes. Thus the mention of EDTF [of a source (not stream) file] by Rob. However what about DFU and SQL, or any HLL?

In writing a feature to manage a source repository, I would probably choose not to use the original source database members for storing the data [and incremental changes]. Sure they could be checked-out into a member if that was where they needed to be, but such a utility might best hold all of the data privately where only those profiles deemed to have authority within that utility can override any controls. But it seems the primary goal here is to fit the RDP in with the typical model whereby a production source in existing members must be controlled; i.e. not building a separate entity as source repository from which the data is copied for checkout to perform change activity.

Anyhow... the only means to effectively intercept all database source member open activity is to go with the system-wide database open exit point [and the desirable but non-existent corresponding close exit point; regardless there may seem to be one, by naming].

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/apis/xopendbf.htm
_i Open Database File Exit Program i_
" Required Parameter Group:

1 Open Database File Input Information Input Char(*)
2 Return Code Output Binary(4)

Exit Point Name: QIBM_QDB_OPEN
Exit Point Format Name: DBOP0100
QSYSINC Member Name: EDBOPNDB

The Open Database File exit program is called when a job is opening a database file. This exit is called in the job that is attempting to open the file. The exit program is passed a list of files referenced in the open request and the open options. The exit program may set a return code value to end the open request. When an open request is issued, the operating system calls the user-written exit program through the registration facility. For information about adding an exit program to an exit point, see the Registration Facility APIs.
Exit program introduced: V5R3"