Rick,

Your code is arranged incorrectly. First the CMD keyword statement, then all the PARM keyword statements, then the tagged groups of ELEM or QUAL or whatever referenced in your TYPE's.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:40 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Issue with embedded lists in a command

I am working on a command that I want to have a list as one of the parameters but I also want the parameter to contain a list as one of the elements.

I have a code value as the first parameter. For that code value there are four pieces of information; the code itself, a start date, an end date, and message information. The message information is itself a list made up of the message text, configuration text, and size text. So far so good.

Where the issue comes in is when I define the code and message as lists. There can be up to two codes and there could be up to three message lines for each code. When I specify the code with a max value of two (MAX(2)) and the message with a max value of three (MAX(3)) the command will not compile and I get the error shown here. Displaying second level text didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

CPD0258 30 More than three levels of nesting specified for keyword ENRCODE.

I have posted the code here http://code.midrange.com/bf8f32f019.html.

I am not seeing where the three levels are. It looks to me like just two; the ENRCODE PARM line, and the ELEM line with ENRMSG. Can someone help me out with what I'm missing?

Rick Chevalier
Software Solutions Development Lead
[cid:image001.gif@01CDEE54.33DB8360]
817-525-7178 (w)

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.