On 24 Dec 2012 18:27, Jack Kingsley wrote:
<<SNIP>>

Also, is there a way to monitor for the CPI1468 using a watch
session or something similar where you could essentially launch
a CLROUTQ QEZJOBLOB.

I would expect "Starting a watch session" to activate the so-called "watch for event function" should suffice. There is an example in the docs for the message CPF0907 which could probably be used as a model; optionally adjusting the Watched message queue (WCHMSGQ) parameter specification to refer instead to QSYS/QSYSMSG, if that message queue is used:

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Troubleshooting -> Detecting problems -> Watch for event function -> Scenario: Using the watch for event function with an exit program
_i Starting a watch session i_
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzahb/rzahb_startwatch.htm
"A watch session can be started by the Start Watch (STRWCH) command or by the the Start Watch (QSCSWCH) API.
..."

More generically than the above example, giving more links, is:
_i Watching for messages i_
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rbam6/wchmsg.htm
"The system provides a watch-for-event function that allows you to watch for messages."

The noted message is documented as one which goes to the QSYSMSG *MSGQ so a Break Handling program can monitor for message that is sent when the event signaling that condition transpires:

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Programming -> Control language -> Messages -> QSYSMSG message queue
_i Messages sent to QSYSMSG message queue i_
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rbam6/msmqu.htm
"...
The system sends all other messages in this topic to both QSYSMSG and QSYSOPR.

_CPI1468_
System work control block table nearing capacity.

The system sends this message when the number of entries in the system job tables approaches the maximum number allowed. Permitting the job tables to fill completely may prevent the successful submission of jobs or the completion of the subsequent IPL.
..."

Also available should be the capability provided by Alerts. The Alert feature can generate a "SNMP trap" [¿as defined by Network Attributes?] or Send Data Queue entry which could be monitored. I have never changed that specific message to test its capability in that regard, but a message can be modified (CHGMSGD) to specify the Alert Option (ALROPT); e.g. specifying the special value *IMMED to request "an alert is sent immediately, simultaneous with sending the message to QHST and/or QSYSOPR." Searching the non-delimited token "Alerts" in the InfoCenter shows a bunch of topics, though I recall there was a separate manual at one time [I may even have posted a link in the past].