have heard of this term, then I will say I worked on ' IBM machines, like
the AS/400 or i." I will only say AS/400 with someone in the industry
awhile. I haven't seen this system in over 4 years though.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Norm Dennis <nhdennis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh so true, Andrew.
Not to mention that there are legacy machines out in the real world, which
are still S/36's, AS/400's, iSeries, and I5's.

Chuck's point is very valid too but we still have to support the old, as
well as the new.

Norm Dennis
M: 0417 659 914 | E: nhdennis@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ALopez@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, 12 December 2012 8:33 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Software Vendors - A small rant

So the moral of the story is use the current marketing name. As an
example use Cloud computing rather than distributed computing. :)

No, the moral of the story is that when you make a complete mishmash of
your
marketing, you're lucky to even still have a product to sell. Between
picking names that were unsearchable in Google (System i, really?),
changing
names multiple times in a five year period, and coming up with a name that
only the Republic of North Korea could find attractive (IBM i operating
environment running on Power Systems, really?), IBM is lucky to still have
the product line.

Blame the idiots at IBM, not the users.

Andrew&nbsp;&nbsp;Lopez
Systems Analyst

Phone:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;803-714-2037

Email: ALopez@xxxxxxxxxx

This message and any attachments should be treated as proprietary to the
sender and confidential to the identified recipients and should not be
disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient unless pre
arranged with the sender. If you are not an addressee of this
communication,
have received this e-mail by transmission error of the sender, recipient or
due to another originator by an error in transmission, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, use, distribution, or taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited. In
any
such event, please notify the sender immediately by contacting Spirax Sarco
Inc., 803 714 2000 or reply to this e-mail and then delete it from your
system. Spirax Sarco Inc.
accepts no responsibility for software viruses and all recipients should
check for viruses before opening any attachments.