I apologize I didn't read what you were looking for. If you allow Index
Advisor to create the index in your library. You can then create the
object in ALDON as a non-source object. When you promote, it will take the
object with you. However, the names must match.

Personally, I prefer to use the PSEUDO source as you will be able to track
the changes made to it. Hence the reason for having a change management
system.