Initially there was resistance to journalling here. I wanted it. Boss'
excuse, we'll wait until we get Mimix and then we'll start journalling.
Years went by... Finally we got Mimix. Started journalling. People
started using it to look up who did what to what - extensively. Now we
actually keep our journal receivers for 100 days!!! They want to cover as
much as three month ends. Our journal receiver library is many times the
size of our main ERP library. I'm getting another 5886 full of disks this
week.

They've actually wanted to go back farther than our current retention.

We talked about 'near line' storage. But they boss said, "don't you have
to have the disk space available to do the restore anyway? Why not
reserve it by keeping the receivers there?".

If you do near line storage, ensure that you keep track of the "from/to's"
on the receivers.

Last COMMON I shared a room with a coworker and we went to a Larry
Youngren journal presentation (or two). Back at the room we tried some of
the space saving techniques outlined. Something about it wasn't just
right.

It was fun collaborating like that though as we work in different cities
and don't often have the time to play like that.