There is no "index adviser object"

There are only index objects, doesn't matter if it was create via index
adviser or manually or via Aldon.

Charles

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know. I've never tried it. Given that Aldon can "retrieve" the
source code for a table/index when it is loaded to the release, I'm not
sure
what would happen if it tried to deal with an index advisor object.

I don't use SQL, but is a new index advisor object created whenever an
is recreated?

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Aldon & Index Advisor Indexes

Why would you not just add the index as a pseudo-source object?

Charles

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would create the index advisor source into a *SRCMBR object and tie it
the index as a dependent object. That way, whenever you need to modify
the
index, you can check them both out, modify the index, and then paste the
new
source into the *SRCMBR.

That should keep the loop closed in terms of audit tracking and whatever
change control standards you have.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577