Actually in my case I have some ugly named value pairs where I really only need to make sure the field name exists in the FFIELDNAM variable.

They will usually end with a specified value and will exist within a very small recordset, so I think this will work perfectly.

Thanks for the start.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 6
date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:50:26 +0000
from: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Interesting SQL Question - Flatten Multiple Records into
One Record

Richard,

I try to avoid LIKE as much as possible, so I often get creative with alternatives.

In your example, it appears you want to ignore the first character, which presumably could be upper or lower case. Easy fix is to wrap the field in UPPER() or LOWER() to monocase the string, then test for equality...

-Eric