Hi Chris,

Yeah, I saw your message stating that it's not in the GO LICPGM, option 10... it arrived in my Inbox about 30 seconds after I clicked "send" :-)

Anyway:

1) The symlink will only work if the Alliance product does not use any new features that were added in 3.8.1p1. So you might be able to get by in a pinch (which sounds like what you're doing), but this isn't a great solution.

2) I wonder why Alliance is hard-coding the directory name to begin with? Seems like a poor design choice. Why not use the one IBM intended people to use (the link in /QopenSys/usr/bin) so that when OpenSSH is upgraded, you automatically get the current installed version? Or, better yet, use PATH -- that's what it's for.

But, #2 is, of course, probably not something you can control...

-SK