Make sure the NETSERVER name is also in the hosts file

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I try to start the Netserver I get an error in Dsplog qhist saying:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPIB683 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 11/15/12 Time sent . . . . . . :
12:24:21

Message . . . . : The AS/400 Support for Windows Network Neighborhood
(AS/400 NetServer) was unable to start.
Cause . . . . . : The required AS/400 NetServer job QZLSSERVER was
unable to
start because of reason code 6. See the following reason codes and their
meanings:
1 - Unable to retrieve user credentials.
2 - Unable to retrieve credentials.
3 - Exchange user profile failed.
4 - Unable to obtain lock for service program QZLSSRV1 in library QSYS.
5 - Start of the NetBIOS over TCP/IP failed with return code 16.
6 - Start of the internal server failed with return code 16. Note:
Return
code 16 indicates that there is another computer on the network already
using the same name as the AS/400 NetServer server name.
7 - Error occurred when sharing resources with the network.
8 - Unable to retrieve maximum incorrect sign-on attempts system
value.
9 - Unable to retrieve code page information.
10 - Unable to retrieve host IP address because of return code 16.
11 - AS/400 NetServer requires the services of TCP/IP, which is not
started.

I have done this:
6 - Restart the QSERVER subsystem with the End Subsystem (ENDSBS)
and Start Subsystem (STRSBS) commands. Note: This may affect other
users. After the QSERVER subsystem is started, start the iSeries
NetServer using
either the Start Server (QZLSSTRS) API or the Start TCP/IP Server
(STRTCPSVR *NETSVR) command.

If I turn off the AS/400 and do a ping for the host name the ping fails.
I have checked the host name with cfgtcp, option 12.
It's listed correctly. It hasn't changed in years.
I have checked the master browser on the network. It's not reporting any
errors. I
have turned off the master browser a Win7 Pro PC and let another computer
take over
an XP Pro PC.
I have done pwrdwnsys on the AS/400. And powered it back up 2 times.
I have done a reset start in Ops Navigator many times.

I can log into the AS/400 and all screens are normal both locally and
remotely.
There are no error messages in Qserver job.

I am getting an error on the job log of QPWFSERVDS under the Qserver
subsystem.
Message ID . . . . . . : CPIAD08 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 11/15/12 Time sent . . . . . . :
12:19:51

Message . . . . : Host server communications error occurred on socket()
-
spx family.
Cause . . . . . : Error code 3448 was received while processing the
socket()
- spx family function for the host server communications.
Recovery . . . : See any previously listed message(s) to determine the
cause of the error; if necessary, correct the error and issue the
request
again.

The previously listed message is:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPE3448 Severity . . . . . . . : 10
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 11/15/12 Time sent . . . . . . :
12:19:51

Message . . . . : The protocol required to support the specified address
family is not available at this time.

There are no errors in the Qserver subsystem.