From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Clay
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:25 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Query Optimizer selection incorrect access path

This is my first post and I'm not sure that this is the correct forum.

My question is for a 6.1.0 system with mostly up-to-date PTFs including
Groups.

I'm trying to join a data table with two additional master tables. The
issue is that Visual Explain says that the optimizer is selecting an
access path for one of the master tables that is an old (but still
utilized) select/omit logical file that uses the master file that I'm
after as a join to other master files. Using it is illogical because
quite a few of the rows from the master file that I need are excluded by
definition.

My understanding was that at version 6.1, the options in the query
option file were changed to default *YES for the IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX
value . I have this confirmed from IBM in a PMR.

Yet, I have also tried it with a QAQQINI file that specifically states
IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX value = '*YES' but still no joy.

I do not want this SQL statement to utilize this particular LF because
there will be rows with no matches due to the nature of the select/omit
values in it.

Does anyone have a clue on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance,
Robert Clay