Does this end up as a part of qsys library list.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<<They should subscribe and participate in this list.>>

You must be joking. The owner thinks he walks on water. The ironic thing is
that they forced their customers to upgrade to V7 to take advantage of some
new bell or whistle that I can't recall right now.

Last Friday, the CFO sent me a note saying he'd like to take advantage of
something he had found in the documentation about importing PO information
from spreadsheets via the IFS. I spent half a day setting it up and placing
some test data into the specified folder. He then modified the data and
wanted to try the import according to the documentation. He kept getting an
"Invalid Path Specified" message. I pointed out that everything was
correct,
and maybe he should call the vendor. Here is the response he received:

"xxx said this process was a mod for someone and was never supposed to be
released on the latest service pack and this process will probably never be
finished and on it will probably be gone on the next service pack update.
They did say that we could submit a ticket as a modification referencing
this ticket #1216092 and they would finish this for a fee."

The sad thing is that this vendor can get away with this crap because the
customers who want to stay on this platform have nowhere else to go. All of
the other vendors are gone, except one who got bought by a PC package
company and only provides updates like W2's and such. They won't even sell
the package to somebody who wants to be on our platform.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx