OK thanks.

No, the msg " Function not supported for query." Is displayed ABOVE the statements, as shown below.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:29 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SQL how to fix

The message text "Function not supported for query." for the unnoted
message identifier is reminiscent of the condition which diagnoses the
scenario described effectively by the following:

The query request requires that the SQE perform the database query,
however some environment\settings or restrictions require that the query
be processed using CQE.

One such restriction [on earlier release(s) for the newer SQL Query
Engine] involves use of the TRANSLATE scalar and [¿only shared-weight?]
Sort Sequences.

Presumably that message text appearing in the SQL statement processor
STRSQL, above the statement shown, was issued for a prior request to
perform the statement shown.?