From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz400
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:03 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: printed reports with font changes and logos, signatures, etc

Joel,

Rather than assuming a any printer has a particular margin, set it the same
on all with the CRTPRTF.
example: DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(51 134) CPI(13.3) OVRFLW(47) PAGRTT(90)
FRONTMGN(.2 .2)
This article has some of the basics (which I know you are aware of)
http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg050207-story02.html

But this article explains the way an overlay is created and why it can print
within the margin.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1f612a5be35f44fdf862565c2007cc346

(and finally, not to beat a dead horse, but IBM (and I do not speak for
them) has at Common Conferences in the Q&A where several of us have pressed
them about the printing issues, has also stated that, with development $$
allocation, they generally do not duplicate what the i-vendors have already
supplied to the market (and this should make sense to your management) - and
there are as prev mentioned several forms packages.

Jim Franz