Can you suggest a font that IS scaleable and works on a variety of printers?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz400
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 11:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: how to handle smaller font pitch

Joel,

Depending upon the printers and definitions in use, the system may be
substituting other fonts for the 432.
That can result in unexpected printing.
I don't think 11 cpi would ever mean 11 cpi for the characters and 10 cpi
for the space between text
and data (if I understood you correctly).
This whole section of the Info Center (V6R1) describes the AFP Compatibility
fonts.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzalu/rzalufntsub.htm

btw- in dds, putting the font keyword at the record format should be the
font for all printing in the format.
I would suggest trying the courier fonts 75 and 416 (no pointsize)

Jim Franz