I'm having a problem with error CPDB053 when my program accesses a QNTC subfolder. I am using the SWAPUSRPRF program with *NOPWD to switch to a user profile that has access to QNTC and its subfolders.

We have two iSeries. My program is working on one iSeries, but not the other. Both iSeries have the same user profiles set up with the same name, and presumably, both user profiles are identical. Our operations group spent some time trying to see what's different in the authorities between the two systems to no avail. Our network group says that there should be no access problems to the network folders.

I tried putting my program in debug on each of the two systems, with a breakpoint after the SWAPUSRPRF and then, go to a command line and do a WRKLNK on QNTC. On the iSeries where the process is working, I can open the subfolder and I can find the file I'm trying to reach. On the iSeries where the process is not working, I can WRKLNK QNTC and no error, but when I open the subfolder I get the CPDB053 on the subfolder and it shows as empty.

Obviously there's something not the same between the two iSeries security to those folders in QNTC. What do you suggest to find the problem?

Thanks,
Charlie Versfelt
Myron Corp.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast. For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com