There's no such thing as a "DHCP connection to the i"...

connections are done via IP address, it doesn't matter how they were
assigned, the i neither knows nor cares.

If you DHCP envioment is reassigning IP addresses while they are in
use, you have a problem. AFAIK there's nothing in the TCP/IP standard
that would allow for endpoints chnaging IPs in the middle of a
connection...good thing talk about a security issue!

Are users trying to hibernate or sleep their PC for long periods of
time with a 5250 session open? That's not going to work.

I suggest you work with getting procedures changed such that the help
desks first task is to determine if they can reach the system.
Meanwhile, simply re-assign the ticket back to them with a "no it's
not" :)

Charles