Michael,

Someone else deserves credit, but I do not remember the name.

However, I think I had a similar sql statement composition problem.

The following is some dynamic code that is in production in river city.

Hope this helps:

INSERT INTO ?DivLib/fsp961p
WITH CTE1 AS
(SELECT TX10.tranum, TX10.tranumsuf,
TX20.artnum, SUM(TX20.uni) AS totuni
FROM ?DivLib/TX10 JOIN ?DivLib/TX20
ON TX10.tranum = TX20.tranum
AND TX10.tranumsuf = TX20.tranumsuf
AND TX20.crycod = 'USD'
AND TX20.artidf IN ('1A', '1R')
AND TX20.eftupdseq = 999
WHERE TX10.batloctyp = 'BIL'
AND TX10.batloc >= ' '
AND TX10.batdat BETWEEN ?FrCymd AND ?ToCymd
AND TX10.mneprcsta = 'BIF'
AND TX10.subprcsta1 = ' '
AND TX10.traidf = '4210'
GROUP BY TX10.tranum, TX10.tranumsuf, TX20.artnum
)
SELECT QDAT.centyr, QDAT.period, TX10.outloc,
OM01.crdfrq1, TX10.outnum, TX22.artnum,
CAST(SUM(ROUND(TX22.adjamt/1000000, 4)) AS DEC(15,4))
AS actcmm, SUM(CTE1.totuni) AS totuni
FROM ?DivLib/TX10 JOIN ?DivLib/TX22
ON TX10.tranum = TX22.tranum
AND TX10.tranumsuf = TX22.tranumsuf
JOIN ?DivLib/OM01 ON TX10.outnum = OM01.outnum
JOIN swire/qdate QDAT ON TX10.batdat = QDAT.cymdat
JOIN CTE1 ON TX10.tranum = CTE1.tranum
AND TX10.tranumsuf = CTE1.tranumsuf
AND TX22.artnum = CTE1.artnum
WHERE TX10.batloctyp = 'BIL'
AND TX10.batloc >= ' '
AND TX10.batdat BETWEEN ?FrCymd AND ?ToCymd
AND TX10.mneprcsta = 'BIF'
AND TX10.subprcsta1 = ' '
AND OM01.crdfrq1 IN (?CFIN)
AND TX22.adjtyp IN ('70', '71')
AND TX10.traidf = '4210'
AND TX22.adjgrp = 'A '
GROUP BY centyr, period, TX10.outloc, TX10.outnum,
crdfrq1, TX22.artnum ORDER BY centyr, period,
TX10.outloc, TX10.outnum, TX22.artnum