If that's a possiblity, check out secure copy (scp.) It's extremely easy
to use and even the process of assigning the certs is well documented and
easy to do.

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:47:33 +0000, Cyndi Bradberry wrote:

The i Series sends to Windows....and they are taking Anonymous away on
the windows side.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark S Waterbury
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 2:18 PM To: Midrange Systems Technical
Discussion Subject: Re: Using QSYRUPWD to write a script file

Hi, Cyndi:

I was just thinking ... are you uploading or downloading file data with
FTP? Perhaps you could configure OS/400 or IBM i to allow and use
ANONYMOUS FTP? That would permit you to run FTP scripts using the
"ANONYMOUS" User profile.

Mark S .Waterbury

> On 9/24/2012 3:57 PM, Cyndi Bradberry wrote:
I had planned on changing it to clear the script file immediately after
the FTP process, and yes, these are hundreds of batch processes.
Currently, the user name and password are hard-coded into the RPG that
writes the script. Was looking for another way. We have just begun the
SAS70/SAE16 audit of IT. I figured that they would catch it eventually,
so I thought I'd start looking.

Thanks again.

Cyndi