Sam,
Just a guess, the "attached job" happened because a .NET function caused
a QZDASOINIT job to start in sbs QHTTPSVR.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam_L
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:13 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: QZDASOINIT Job in QHTTPSVR SBS

We have a QZDASOINIT job running in the QHTTPSVR sub-system. User is QWEBADMIN, type it BATCHI and the job started way back on 03/10/12. (We don't IPL very often...)

Some of our .NET code calls RPG programs to produce reports. UDATE is commonly used for the current date i report headings. The QZDASOINIT jobs in QUSRWRK are ended each night, so UDATE, in theory, works for these RPG programs.

However, we recently got a report with a 3/10/12 date on it. We deduce that this report somehow got attached to the QZDASOINIT job in QHTTPSVR.

Two things I don't understand.

1) Why would .NET connect to a job running in QHTTPSVR? I'd have expected a connection to QUSRWRK.

2) What's a QZDASOINIT job doing in QHTTPSVR in the first place? Again, I would expect QZDASOINIT to be only in QUSRWRK, though I see a couple in QSERVER.

(OK, there may be lots of things I don't understand)

3) For that matter, what is the QHTTPSVR subsystem anyway and how does it start? We don't do Websphere, and we have CHGHTTPA AUTOSTART(*NO) but I suppose someone could have done STRTCPSVR *HTTP.

4) Do I need QHTTPSVR? Can I just do ENDTCPSVR *HTTP? Or end the SBS?

You may have guessed that we don't have a full time System Admin...

Thanks, Sam