From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 10:08
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: program to read pf in reverse order using cl/400 program

Honestly, file processing in CL is limited. It can be done but why would you? To do this requires you call another program. Before anyone differs with me, remember that ALL commands call a program. Don't believe me? Try DSPCMD IF. Whether or not IBM supplies the program is a different matter.

Now as to your solution...
You could use the RUNSQL command that came out with TR4 in 7.1 to create a new file sorted in that order.
RUNSQL SQL('create table qtemp/crap as (
select * from erplxf/rco order by rrn(rco) desc) with data')
COMMIT(*NONE)
then you could process that table.
CL doesn't yet support imbedded sql, (like rpg does). Otherwise you could drop the create table and process that directly.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755