Hi, Jim:

This shows me that your job table has grown into 10 extents. Definitely time to compress it, IMHO.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 9/6/2012 12:10 PM, Lowary, Jim wrote:
Jack and Mark,

This is what I see when I do the DSPJOBTBL. I'm not sure what it is
telling me. Weather how we are sitting is OK? Or we should do a
compress? Except for Table-1 I would say we could do a compress but
Table-1 roughly where we are fluctuating highs to lows. I'm not sure
what all the different tables are?

-- Jim
Display Job Tables MFB

09/06/12
10:50:07
Permanent job structures: Temporary job structures:

Initial . . . . : 3250 Initial . . . . : 700

Additional . . . : 200 Additional . . . : 50

Available . . . : 147049 Available . . . : 89

Total . . . . . : 158649

Maximum . . . . : 220000

---------------------Entries----------------------
Table Size Total Available In-use
Other
1 16752384 16351 5950 10401
0
2 16752384 16352 15465 887
0
3 16752384 16352 16185 167
0
4 16749312 16352 16342 10
0
5 16749312 16352 16352 0
0
6 16749312 16352 16302 50
0
7 16749312 16352 16337 15
0
8 16749312 16352 16341 11
0
9 16749312 16352 16342 10
0
10 11768576 11482 11433 49
0

Bottom
Press Enter to continue.

F3=Exit F5=Refresh F11=In-use entries F12=Cancel

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 10:57:18 -0400
from: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Performance tuning

JIm, take a look at dspjobtbl command.
163520 is the default for tables.
I have heard varying things on expanding it to be a good thing and a bad
thing.
I have had a couple of cases on 6.1 where if you don't deal with it
accordingly when the job table full messages are issued your system will
lock up. I believe this to be true on 7.1 as well.

------------------------------

message: 6
date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 11:23:59 -0400
from: Mark S Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Performance tuning

Hi, Jim:

Look at the DSPIPLA and CHGIPLA commands. You can tell the system to
"compress the job tables" on the next IPL.

It is a good idea to do this once in a while, because, as the total
number of jobs in the system grows, these tables go into secondary
extents, and then, when the number of jobs shrinks again, those
secondary extents are never reclaimed until you "compress the job
tables" (at IPL time).

If you notice commands like WRKACTJOB, WRKSBMJOB, WRKUSRJOB, etc., seem
to take a long time to display, this is usually a symptom that these job

tables need to be compressed.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury