Yes I did and going to try that. I was just wondering if I might be missing something in the exit point concept.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 3:52 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Limiting ODBC connections for a user

Mike,

Did you look at the link I provided?

Once the activity is moved to it's own subsystem, it'd be a pretty simple task to control the work via standard work management.

Charles

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The exit points would be a good way to check for a new request coming in but how could you use that to limit the number of connections? Say you want only 10 requests from that application able to run at one time. You could add 1 to a counter for each incoming requests but there is no exit point for when the response is returned where you could subtract 1, is there?