What is IQ?

At any rate, I would consider it an extremely bad practice to change your home directory to /. I strongly recommend having a separate home directory for each user, and unless you have a really good reason not to, I'd stick with the default naming convention of /home/usrprf

To assist with software that uses relative paths, just change your current directory by typing something like
CD '/' (or the longer form, CHGCURDIR CURDIR('/')) prior to running the software.

The purpose of a home directory is to give each user a place for his/her individual documents (including configuration files.) Changing your home directory to something like / or /ftp seems like a bad idea to me. I realize that your current directory (the one set with CD or CHGCURDIR) defaults to the home directory (if you don't change it.) But... that's just a default... it's sooooo easy to change it to something else. Definitely not worth screwing up software that expects the homedir to be "per user" just to avoid typing a simple CL command. (Or putting it in the users start up program... or a routing entry... etc,... so easy.)