From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:58 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: franz400
Subject: Re: Printronix Label Printers.

This is a 7000 series printronix with using PGL (I think) board doing the graphics. The emulation is 'None' or simply translate EBCDIC to ASCII (QWPDEFAULT). The printer has an LPR daemon in it so we can use either TSLPRD or a remote output queue to print directly to the d1prn queue as you suggest. Either way IBM i IS counting lines and inserting 0C Form Feed characters when it 'thinks' there is a page break and then tossing one final 0C at the end of the run. That last 0c can be ignored by the printer and we thought that was our only issue until we discovered that occasionally the 0C's land in just the wrong spot causing a row of labels to print twice. This is with *AUTOCUT setting.
If we use *CONT it's MUCH worse as it inserts many CR LF pairs at the end and makes a real mess of forms alignment.

So far nobody has been able to tell us how to make IBM i stop doing ANY page handling. Scott Klements suggestion has thus far been the best, I just have to tweek and then implement that program. :-)

- Larry