Thanks Richard...I'll check that out!

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Richard Casey
<casey_r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No idea how efficient this is, but it appears to work!

with curr as (select ORDSTAT currstat, ORDSEQ currseq
from ORDERFIL
where ORDNUM=xxxxx
order by ORDSEQ desc
fetch first 1 rows only),
prev as (select ORDSTAT prevstat, ORDSEQ prevseq
from ORDERFIL
where ORDNUM=xxxxx and
ORDSEQ<(select currseq from curr)
order by ORDSEQ desc
fetch first 1 rows only)
select ORDNUM, currstat, ifnull(prevstat,' ')
from ORDERFIL
join curr on 1=1
left outer join prev on 1=1
where ORDNUM=xxxxx and ORDSEQ=currseq

Replace xxxxx with your desired order number.

Is there a better way to get info from a single record table than "join xxx
on 1=1"?

Have fun!

Richard