My understanding is connection adapters do such conversions for you, including EDBIC to ASCII conversion.

It sounds like your BizTalk group is trying to get out of doing some work. Is it possible they just don't know how to handle floating-point and zoned decimal strings?

Gary Monnier

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:44 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Iseries to Biztalk ETL

Biztalk folks tell me that they cant accept zoned or packed data, in addition they want to see numerics as edited character strings; ie "123.45"

I am trying to make the interface file fields refer back to our iseries database files.

For a order detail file with field QTY defined as packed 10.2, can I refer to the original field in my interface file, but add an edit code? But I am pretty sure that there edit codes are ignored for physical & logical files.

Is it possible to have DB2 utilize the edit codes for a PF?

Is there a better way than moving each numeric field to a work field for the edit to add the decimal point, and then to the interface file?

I am using cobol so would like to do most fields with MOVE CORRESPONDING, but that is secondary.

Primarily I would like DDS to handle the editing. Is this doable?

Thanks!