From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:42 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Moving of backup data center

Once a year the CEO asks us about closing down our backup data center and
moving it to either one of our plants or to Indiana Data Center out of
Fort Wayne. He looks at our building and sees it's a rather large
building to hold just 3 permanent staff and one large corner for the data
center. Our primary data center will remain at our plant in Garrett. All
nightly tapes are created on the backup machines in Kendallville and sent
to Iron Mountain. It's the Kendallville site in jeopardy. Pro's going
for keeping it here are we have a darn cheap lease on this building;
basically some small amount plus gratitude that we're keeping it heated
and stopping the riff raff from stealing the wiring. Also we have a good
fiber sonnet ring that we're tapped into.

One plant we're thinking of moving it to is at the end of a dirt road on
the border between two phone companies where neither wants to extend much
service. Basically the phone service sucks. We would still handle the
tapes if we move there.

I've been assured if we move to IDC they will prepare our tapes for Iron
Mountain. And that on the rare occasion that I may need to get in there,
I can.

Any other concerns I need to be aware of?